Subject: [appsdir] Review Request: draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data-33

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 17:11:15 +0200

Martin,

Would you be able to review draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data in the next
two weeks or so?

Thanks,

Eliot

Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data-33.txt> (Additional Data Related to an Emergency Call) to Proposed Standard
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 16:33:19 -0700
List-Id: "IETF announcement list. No discussions." <ietf-announce.ietf.org>

The IESG has received a request from the Emergency Context Resolution
with Internet Technologies WG (ecrit) to consider the following document:
- 'Additional Data Related to an Emergency Call'
  <draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data-33.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-08-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   When an emergency call is sent to a Public Safety Answering Point
   (PSAP), the originating device, the access network provider to which
   the device is connected, and all service providers in the path of the
   call have information about the call, the caller or the location
   which is helpful for the PSAP to have in handling the emergency.
   This document describes data structures and mechanisms to convey such
   data to the PSAP.  The intent is that every emergency call carry the
   information described here using the mechanisms described here.

   The mechanisms permit the data to be conveyed by reference (as an
   external resource) or by value (within the body of a SIP message or a
   location object).  This follows the tradition of prior emergency
   services standardization work where data can be conveyed by value
   within the call signaling (i.e., in the body of the SIP message) or
   by reference.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.