Subject: [appsdir] Initial App Area reviews needed

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 15:20:06 +0200

Hi everyone,

For those of you who weren't at the AppsArea lunch, one topic was apps
reviews.  We would like to try an experiment, which is to both identify
the skills needed for a proper review and a reviewer early in the life
cycle of a working group draft.  What follows is a list of recently
published -00 working group drafts.  I wonder if people could volunteer
to just quickly scan one of the following drafts, and email back to the
group only the following information:

  * The draft filename (draft-ietf-wg...-00.txt)
  * A gut feel as to how much attention it will need (and why)
  * The sorts of apps area skills required to properly do the review. 
    To get a feel for what people have listed, just go to our favorite
    little wiki
    <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate>
    and look in the expertise column.

Just pick one draft off the list below and send it round when you've
done.  If it takes you more than 10 minutes, something's probably gone
wrong.

Here's the list:

    draft-ietf-aqm-docsis-pie-00.txt
    draft-ietf-avtext-sdes-hdr-ext-00.txt
    draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-pe-ce-00.txt
    draft-ietf-calext-availability-00.txt
    draft-ietf-calext-extensions-00.txt
    draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-00.txt
    draft-ietf-dime-4over6-provisioning-00.txt
    draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-data-model-00.txt
    draft-ietf-kitten-pkinit-alg-agility-00.txt
    draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering-00.txt
    draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-00.txt
    draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-dtls-srtp-00.txt
    draft-ietf-tokbind-https-00.txt
    draft-ietf-tokbind-protocol-00.txt
    draft-ietf-trill-arp-optimization-00.txt

I'm going to pull the first one of the top as an example:

Name: draft-ietf-aqm-docsis-pie-00.txt
How much time attention it needs: not a lot.  It's a short draft that
mostly builds on the earlier PIE work.
What type of skills needed: "transporty" interactions with applications.

And I'll take it from there to find a reviewer.  What happens next is
that I'll assign a reviewer.  The idea is to find problems earlier
rather later.

Thanks very much in advance!

Eliot

---

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 10:03:11 -0500

Hi Eliot,

I'll volunteer to scan the two tokbind drafts.

Ted

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 8:20 AM, Eliot Lear <[email-masked]> wrote:

> reviews.  We would like to try an experiment, which is to both identify the
> skills needed for a proper review and a reviewer early in the life cycle of
> a working group draft.  What follows is a list of recently published -00
> working group drafts.  I wonder if people could volunteer to just quickly
> scan one of the following drafts, and email back to the group only the
> following information:
>
>    - The draft filename (draft-ietf-wg...-00.txt)
>    - A gut feel as to how much attention it will need (and why)
>     - The sorts of apps area skills required to properly do the review.
>    To get a feel for what people have listed, just go to our favorite little
>    wiki
> And I'll take it from there to find a reviewer.  What happens next is that
> I'll assign a reviewer.  The idea is to find problems earlier rather later.
>
> _______________________________________________
> appsdir mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/appsdir
>
>

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 17:04:08 +0200

Thank you, Ted!

Eliot

On 4/7/15 5:03 PM, Ted Hardie wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 8:20 AM, Eliot Lear <[email-masked]
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi everyone,
>
>     For those of you who weren't at the AppsArea lunch, one topic was
>     apps reviews.  We would like to try an experiment, which is to
>     both identify the skills needed for a proper review and a reviewer
>     early in the life cycle of a working group draft.  What follows is
>     a list of recently published -00 working group drafts.  I wonder
>     if people could volunteer to just quickly scan one of the
>     following drafts, and email back to the group only the following
>     information:
>
>       * The sorts of apps area skills required to properly do the
>         review.  To get a feel for what people have listed, just go to
>         our favorite little wiki
>     Just pick one draft off the list below and send it round when
>     you've done.  If it takes you more than 10 minutes, something's
>     probably gone wrong.
>
>     Here's the list:
>
>     How much time attention it needs: not a lot.  It's a short draft
>     that mostly builds on the earlier PIE work.
>     And I'll take it from there to find a reviewer.  What happens next
>     is that I'll assign a reviewer.  The idea is to find problems
>     earlier rather later.
>
>     [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 21:56:47 -0700

> done.  If it takes you more than 10 minutes, something's probably gone

I'll take draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering-00.  Will send it by the
weekend.

-MSK

---

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 13:53:11 +0000

not sure if someone already volunteered for it
if not I will take

br
Salvatore

On 07 Apr 2015, at 16:20, Eliot Lear <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

Hi everyone,

For those of you who weren't at the AppsArea lunch, one topic was apps reviews.  We would like to try an experiment, which is to both identify the skills needed for a proper review and a reviewer early in the life cycle of a working group draft.  What follows is a list of recently published -00 working group drafts.  I wonder if people could volunteer to just quickly scan one of the following drafts, and email back to the group only the following information:

  *   The draft filename (draft-ietf-wg...-00.txt)
  *   A gut feel as to how much attention it will need (and why)
  *   The sorts of apps area skills required to properly do the review.  To get a feel for what people have listed, just go to our favorite little wiki<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate> and look in the expertise column.

Just pick one draft off the list below and send it round when you've done.  If it takes you more than 10 minutes, something's probably gone wrong.

Here's the list:

Name: draft-ietf-aqm-docsis-pie-00.txt
How much time attention it needs: not a lot.  It's a short draft that mostly builds on the earlier PIE work.
What type of skills needed: "transporty" interactions with applications.

And I'll take it from there to find a reviewer.  What happens next is that I'll assign a reviewer.  The idea is to find problems earlier rather later.

Eliot

_______________________________________________
appsdir mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/appsdir

---

From: "Orit Levin (LCA)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 00:26:42 +0000

Oops, I actually scanned the draft out last night, but got to writing the email just now.
A disclaimer: I didn't participate in the STRAW work and I read the draft for the first time... ;-)
Cheers,
Orit.

From: appsdir [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Salvatore Loreto
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2015 6:53 AM
To: Eliot Lear
Cc: Mankin, Allison; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [appsdir] Initial App Area reviews needed

br
Salvatore

Hi everyone,

---

From: Tim Bray <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 15:04:05 -0700

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 6:20 AM, Eliot Lear <[email-masked]> wrote:

> ​​
> ​
> ​Filenames:​

> ​
>
>  ​​
> dr
> ​​
> aft-ietf-calext-availability-00.txt
> ​​
> dr
> ​​
> aft-ietf-calext-extensions-00.txt
>
> - ​I'd think someone who's qualified could do both in an afternoon.
- You'd need some experience with calendaring issues and what DAV is all
about.
​​

-- 
- Tim Bray (If you’d like to send me a private message, see
https://keybase.io/timbray)

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 14:19:47 +0200

Hi Orit,

If you have comments please go ahead and send them along as well.  In
addition, could I hit you up for taking a look at
draft-ietf-kitten-pkinit-alg-agility-00
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-kitten-pkinit-alg-agility-00>? 
Again, this is just the initial scan to figure out the sorts of
expertise are involved (although i wouldn't be surprised if it was yours
in this case).

Regards,

Eliot

On 4/11/15 2:26 AM, Orit Levin (LCA) wrote:
> A disclaimer: I didn’t participate in the STRAW work and I read the
> draft for the first time… ;-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Orit.
>
>  
>
> *From:*appsdir [mailto:[email-masked]] *On Behalf Of
> *Salvatore Loreto
> *Sent:* Friday, April 10, 2015 6:53 AM
> *To:* Eliot Lear
> *Cc:* Mankin, Allison; [email-masked]
> *Subject:* Re: [appsdir] Initial App Area reviews needed
>
>  
>