Subject: [appsdir] [apps-discuss] Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-nullmx-05.txt> (A NULL MX Resource Record for Domains that Accept No Mail) to Proposed Standard (fwd)

From: Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 23:45:42 +0200 (CEST)

well... :-)

I think we did a very extensive review on this already, thus... any more 
answer I suggest we post directly during the last call :-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Claudio Allocchio             G   A   R   R          [email-masked]
                         Senior Technical Officer
tel: +39 040 3758523      Italian Academic and       G=Claudio; S=Allocchio;
fax: +39 040 3758565        Research Network         P=garr; A=garr; C=it;

            PGP Key: http://www.cert.garr.it/PGP/keys.php3#ca

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 12:03:47 -0700
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [apps-discuss] Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-nullmx-05.txt> (A NULL MX
      Resource Record for Domains that Accept No Mail) to Proposed Standard

The IESG has received a request from the Applications Area Working Group
WG (appsawg) to consider the following document:
- 'A NULL MX Resource Record for Domains that Accept No Mail'
   <draft-ietf-appsawg-nullmx-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-07-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

    Internet mail determines the address of a receiving server through
    the DNS, first by looking for an MX record and then by looking for an
    A/AAAA record as a fallback.  Unfortunately this means that the A/
    AAAA record is taken to be mail server address even when that address
    does not accept mail.  The NULL MX RR formalizes the existing
    mechanism by which a domain announces that it accepts no mail, which
    permits significant operational efficiencies.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-nullmx/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-nullmx/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

_______________________________________________
apps-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-discuss