Subject: [appsdir] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dime-app-design-guide-24.txt> (Diameter Applications Design Guidelines) to Best Current Practice (fwd)

From: Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 17:29:27 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all,

we did some reviews from the DIME WG already about this specifications, 
thus... is there somebody who wants to give a review also to these 
guidelines?

all the best!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Claudio Allocchio             G   A   R   R          [email-masked]
                         Senior Technical Officer
tel: +39 040 3758523      Italian Academic and       G=Claudio; S=Allocchio;
fax: +39 040 3758565        Research Network         P=garr; A=garr; C=it;

            PGP Key: http://www.cert.garr.it/PGP/keys.php3#ca

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 07:53:02 -0700
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dime-app-design-guide-24.txt> (Diameter
     Applications Design Guidelines) to Best Current Practice

The IESG has received a request from the Diameter Maintenance and
Extensions WG (dime) to consider the following document:
- 'Diameter Applications Design Guidelines'
   <draft-ietf-dime-app-design-guide-24.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-06-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

    The Diameter base protocol provides facilities for protocol
    extensibility enabling to define new Diameter applications or modify
    existing applications.  This document is a companion document to the
    Diameter Base protocol that further explains and clarifies the rules
    to extend Diameter.  Futhermore, this document provides guidelines to
    Diameter application designers reusing/defining Diameter applications
    or creating generic Diameter extensions.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-app-design-guide/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-app-design-guide/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.