Subject: [appsdir] call for review - Last Call: <draft-ietf-xmpp-websocket-07.txt> (An XMPP Sub-protocol for WebSocket) to Proposed Standard (fwd)

From: Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 09:33:52 +0200 (CEST)

Hello all,

I think we could give this I-D a review while it is in LC.

anybody from the HTTP experts wants to have a look?

let me know by Monday. Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Claudio Allocchio             G   A   R   R          [email-masked]
                         Senior Technical Officer
tel: +39 040 3758523      Italian Academic and       G=Claudio; S=Allocchio;
fax: +39 040 3758565        Research Network         P=garr; A=garr; C=it;

            PGP Key: http://www.cert.garr.it/PGP/keys.php3#ca

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 16:56:10 -0700
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-xmpp-websocket-07.txt> (An XMPP Sub-protocol for
      WebSocket) to Proposed Standard

The IESG has received a request from the Extensible Messaging and
Presence Protocol WG (xmpp) to consider the following document:
- 'An XMPP Sub-protocol for WebSocket'
   <draft-ietf-xmpp-websocket-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-07-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

    This document defines a binding for the XMPP protocol over a
    WebSocket transport layer.  A WebSocket binding for XMPP provides
    higher performance than the current HTTP binding for XMPP.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xmpp-websocket/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xmpp-websocket/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---

From: "Martin J. Dürst" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 11:51:25 +0900

Hello Claudio,

I'm very interested in the topic, and will try to do a review. However, 
I'm not sure I'll be able to do the review within the deadline, so if 
somebody else also wants to have a look, please go ahead.

Regards,    Martin.

---

From: Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 08:48:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 23 Jun 2014, "Martin J. Dürst" wrote:

> Hello Claudio,
>
> I'm very interested in the topic, and will try to do a review. However, I'm 
> not sure I'll be able to do the review within the deadline, so if somebody 
> else also wants to have a look, please go ahead.

Hi Martin,

well, it seems you are the one... :-)

at least try to make it, or let us know in time what you can do!

many thanks

> _______________________________________________
> appsdir mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/appsdir
>

---

From: "Martin J. Dürst" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 20:05:33 +0900

Hello Claudio,

On 2014/06/24 15:48, Claudio Allocchio wrote:
>> I'm very interested in the topic, and will try to do a review.
>> However, I'm not sure I'll be able to do the review within the
>> deadline, so if somebody else also wants to have a look, please go ahead.
>
> Hi Martin,
>

Ack.

> at least try to make it, or let us know in time what you can do!

I already started reading the document. But given my (recent) past 
performance, that's no guarantee that I'll finish in time :-(.

Regards,   Martin.