Subject: [appsdir] Last Call: <draft-ietf-straw-sip-traceroute-02.txt> (A Media-based Traceroute Function for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)) to Proposed Standard (fwd)

From: Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 09:34:30 +0200 (CEST)

yet another one for a LC review...

again, some volunteer?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Claudio Allocchio             G   A   R   R          [email-masked]
                         Senior Technical Officer
tel: +39 040 3758523      Italian Academic and       G=Claudio; S=Allocchio;
fax: +39 040 3758565        Research Network         P=garr; A=garr; C=it;

            PGP Key: http://www.cert.garr.it/PGP/keys.php3#ca

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 17:05:08 -0700
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-straw-sip-traceroute-02.txt> (A Media-based
     Traceroute Function for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)) to Proposed
     Standard

The IESG has received a request from the Sip Traversal Required for
Applications to Work WG (straw) to consider the following document:
- 'A Media-based Traceroute Function for the Session Initiation Protocol
    (SIP)'
   <draft-ietf-straw-sip-traceroute-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-07-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

    SIP already provides the ability to perform hop-by-hop traceroute
    for SIP messages using the Max-Forwards header field, in order to
    determine the reachability path of requests to a target.  A
    mechanism for media-loopback calls has also been defined separately,
    which enables test calls to be generated which result in media being
    looped back to the originator.  This document describes a means of
    performing hop-by-hop traceroute-style test calls using the media-
    loopback mechanism, in order to test the media path when SIP
    sessions go through media-relaying B2BUAs.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-straw-sip-traceroute/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-straw-sip-traceroute/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.