Subject: [appsdir] Request for Review - Last Call: <draft-ietf-mmusic-latching-05.txt> (Latching: Hosted NAT Traversal (HNT) for Media in Real-Time Communication) to Informational RFC (fwd)

From: Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 21:53:30 +0200 (CEST)

Hello all,

after a long quiet period, here is a Draft which IMHO deserves a review;

any of our multimedia experts volunteering for it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Claudio Allocchio             G   A   R   R          [email-masked]
                         Senior Technical Officer
tel: +39 040 3758523      Italian Academic and       G=Claudio; S=Allocchio;
fax: +39 040 3758565        Research Network         P=garr; A=garr; C=it;

            PGP Key: http://www.cert.garr.it/PGP/keys.php3#ca

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 12:29:27 -0700
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mmusic-latching-05.txt> (Latching: Hosted NAT
     Traversal (HNT) for Media in Real-Time Communication) to Informational RFC

The IESG has received a request from the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control WG (mmusic) to consider the following document:
- 'Latching: Hosted NAT Traversal (HNT) for Media in Real-Time
    Communication'
   <draft-ietf-mmusic-latching-05.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-05-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

    This document describes behavior of signalling intermediaries in
    Real-Time Communication (RTC) deployments, sometimes referred to as
    Session Border Controllers (SBCs), when performing Hosted NAT
    Traversal (HNT).  HNT is a set of mechanisms, such as media relaying
    and latching, that such intermediaries use to enable other RTC
    devices behind NATs to communicate with each other.

    This document is non-normative, and is only written to explain HNT in
    order to provide a reference to the IETF community, as well as an
    informative description to manufacturers, and users.

    Latching, which is one of the components of the HNT components, has a
    number of security issues covered here.  Because of those, and unless
    all security considerations explained here are taken into account and
    solved, the IETF advises against use of this mechanism over the
    Internet and recommends other solutions such as the Interactive
    Connectivity Establishment (ICE) protocol.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-latching/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-latching/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---

From: Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 08:41:44 +0200

OK Vijay!
thanks indeed!
Before the lc ends

On May 14, 2014 10:35:35 PM CEST, "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>On 05/14/2014 02:53 PM, Claudio Allocchio wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>Claudio: I can do it if no one has volunteered already.  Let me know.
>
>Cheers,
>
>- vijay

-- 
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.