Subject: [appsdir] [apps-discuss] Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-09.txt> (XML Media Types) to Proposed Standard (fwd)

From: Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 19:09:24 +0100 (CET)

Hello all,

any volunteer to make an AppsDir review of this document?

I'm currently out of offic skiing until Wednesday, thus if I do not get 
some volunter, I'll try to make an assignment when I'm back ;-)

all the best

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Claudio Allocchio             G   A   R   R          [email-masked]
                         Senior Technical Officer
tel: +39 040 3758523      Italian Academic and       G=Claudio; S=Allocchio;
fax: +39 040 3758565        Research Network         P=garr; A=garr; C=it;

            PGP Key: http://www.cert.garr.it/PGP/keys.php3#ca

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 02:04:57 -0800
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [apps-discuss] Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-09.txt>
     (XML Media Types) to Proposed Standard

The IESG has received a request from the Applications Area Working Group
WG (appsawg) to consider the following document:
- 'XML Media Types'
   <draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-03-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

    This specification standardizes three media types -- application/xml,
    application/xml-external-parsed-entity, and application/xml-dtd --
    for use in exchanging network entities that are related to the
    Extensible Markup Language (XML) while defining text/xml and text/
    xml-external-parsed-entity as aliases for the respective application/
    types.  This specification also standardizes the '+xml' suffix for
    naming media types outside of these five types when those media types
    represent XML MIME entities.

Note that this document has normative references to eight W3C documents,
as well as two Informational RFCs.  The Informational RFCs are:
1. RFC 2781, "UTF-16, an encoding of ISO 10646"
2. RFC 6839, "Additional Media Type Structured Syntax Suffixes"

Both of those documents should be added to the downref registry (http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/iesg/trac/wiki/DownrefRegistry) after this last
call completes.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes/

Once IESG discussion begins, it can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

_______________________________________________
apps-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-discuss

---

From: Tim Bray <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 10:18:31 -0800

I reviewed the N-1 version of the draft, and they addressed my comments
reasonably well.  Can we claim an APPS review on that basis?

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 10:09 AM, Claudio Allocchio <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Both of those documents should be added to the downref registry (
> http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/iesg/trac/wiki/DownrefRegistry) after
> this last
> call completes.
>
>
> appsdir mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/appsdir
>

---

From: Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 19:21:47 +0100 (CET)

> reasonably well.  Can we claim an APPS review on that basis?

yes, indeed... as they addressed the comments, we can avoid making an "all 
ok go ahead" further review!

I can make your previous review available in the appsdir repository for 
reference.

thanks Tim!