Subject: [appsdir] Review of <draft-housley-smime-oids-00.txt> (Object Identifier Registry for the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group) to Informational RFC (f

From: Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 15:13:23 +0200 (CEST)

Hello all,

  'Object Identifier Registry for the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group'
   <draft-housley-smime-oids-00.txt> as Informational RFC

has entered IETF LC, which entre on November 18th 2018.

Abstract

    When the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group was chartered, an object
    identifier arc was donated by RSA Data Security for use by that
    working group.  This document describes the object identifiers that
    were assigned in that donated arc, it transfers control of that arc
    to IANA, and it establishes IANA allocation policies for any future
    assignments within that arc.

Is there some volunteer to make this review?

let me know!

Best!

Claudio

---

From: Tobias Gondrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 16:04:11 +0100

Hello Claudio,

I propose to not appsdir review this document.
It only populates an IANA registry and transfers control of that arc to
IANA, nothing else.
I don't think we need any deeper review for that.

Best regards, Tobias

On 21/10/13 14:13, Claudio Allocchio wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> appsdir mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/appsdir

---

From: Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 17:54:46 +0200 (CEST)

> I don't think we need any deeper review for that.

yes, I agree, even if we had in the past very short reviews of similar 
documents which just said "no objections/comments" :-)

Let's concentrate on the bunch of httpbis which is arriving shortly.

Ray already volunteered for one of them. Thanks.

>> Is there some volunteer to make this review?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Claudio Allocchio             G   A   R   R          [email-masked]
                         Senior Technical Officer
tel: +39 040 3758523      Italian Academic and       G=Claudio; S=Allocchio;
fax: +39 040 3758565        Research Network         P=garr; A=garr; C=it;

            PGP Key: http://www.cert.garr.it/PGP/keys.php3#ca

---

From: Tobias Gondrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 17:05:41 +0100

> Ray already volunteered for one of them. Thanks.

Well. If you like you can interpret mine as "no objections/comments" for
smime-oids.
Let me know if you want me to post this to the list.
Cheers, Tobias

---

From: Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 18:07:22 +0200 (CEST)

> Well. If you like you can interpret mine as "no objections/comments" for

I did interpret that as such :-)

> Let me know if you want me to post this to the list.

you did it already!