Subject: [appsdir] Team Lead for AppsDir

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 13:22:28 -0700

Hello,

During the last meeting I discussed with the Apps ADs about having 
another Team Lead.  The idea is to give another person the 
opportunity to lead the team.  There is an expectation that person 
will deliver the AppsDir reviews.

It was suggested to have a three-month rotation so that several 
persons can gain the experience.  I will continue as Team Lead; i.e. 
there will be two Team Leads.  The person selected by the Apps ADs 
would take full responsibility and I would be helping out.

The time commitment is two hours a week or less.  I usually read all 
the drafts listed for Last Call and identify reviewers.  For example, 
if a draft has a HTTP angle I suggest someone with HTTP expertise.  I 
also read each review which is posted.

Please comment about the above.

Best regards,
-sm

---

From: "Eric Burger"<[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 16:51:09 -0400

Great idea, especially if it isn't me!

--
Sent from my mobile device. Thanks be to lemonade!  
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade/

-----Original message-----
From: SM <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Wed, Apr 10, 2013 20:25:08 GMT+00:00
Subject: [appsdir] Team Lead for AppsDir

Hello,

Best regards,
-sm

_______________________________________________
appsdir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/appsdir

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 14:51:36 -0600

Hi SM!

I think it is a good idea to have two team leads for AppsDir. First,
you've been doing it on your own for a long time, so you have gained
knowledge about how it works and could pass that on to someone else.
Plus it shouldn't be a commitment to the role forever. :-)

Peter

On 4/10/13 2:22 PM, SM wrote:
> another Team Lead.  The idea is to give another person the opportunity
> to lead the team.  There is an expectation that person will deliver the
> AppsDir reviews.
> 
> It was suggested to have a three-month rotation so that several persons
> can gain the experience.  I will continue as Team Lead; i.e. there will
> be two Team Leads.  The person selected by the Apps ADs would take full
> responsibility and I would be helping out.
> 
> The time commitment is two hours a week or less.  I usually read all the
> drafts listed for Last Call and identify reviewers.  For example, if a
> draft has a HTTP angle I suggest someone with HTTP expertise.  I also
> read each review which is posted.
>