Subject: Re: [appsdir] AppsDir Joint Review Experiment

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 23:56:34 -0700

Hello,

Here's some feedback about the Joint Review experiment.  The 
experiment is going on better than I expected.  Eliot came up with a 
good idea for AppsDir reviews.  He provided the non-Apps related 
comments directly to [email-masked] instead of including them in the 
AppsDir review.  I'll try that for some of my reviews.

I suggested the reviewers by looking at the expertise listed on the 
AppsDir web page.  I avoided having reviewers who usually work with 
each other.  It's a rough guess.  I left it to the the two reviewers 
to work out how to do the work.  That was to encourage  you to get to 
know each other and get used to the interaction.  It can be difficult 
to work as a team as we don't always know what the other person 
expects or will be doing, or when the person will be replying to an email.

In my opinion it is better for one of the two reviewers to interact 
with the person responding to the review.  If both reviewers comment 
on the same issue and provide different opinions it can confuse the 
person responding to the review.

I would like to thank Alexey, Xuan, Peter, Bert, Eliot and Tobias as 
the joint review experiment would not work without their effort.

Best regards,
-sm