Subject: [appsdir] Applications Area Directorate after IETF 86

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 21:49:49 -0700

Hello,

The following persons have kindly volunteered at IETF 86 to be part 
of the Applications Area Directorate:

  Alex Sergeyev
  Bert Greevenbosch
  He Xuan
  Kerry Lynn
  Ray Polk

  Cyrus Daboo
  Karen O'Donoghue
  Martin Thomson
  Tony Hansen

I am aware that Cyrus, Karen, Martin and Tony have been or are WG 
chairs.  I gather that they already know the directorate reviews work. :-)

There was a Joint Review experiment [1] in January 2012 where two 
reviewers were assigned a review.  I would like to run the experiment 
again with Alex, Bert, He, Kerry and Ray.  I'll post a message about 
the experiment in a few days.

As mentioned during the Applications Area session at IETF 86 the 
expectation is for each reviewer to perform two reviews monthly.  In 
practice, everyone does one review or less monthly.  I try to spread 
the workload as far as possible.  I usually try to provide about two 
weeks notice when assigning reviews.

Members of the IAB, IESG and IAOC are automatically put on leave 
(they do not get any assignments unless they decide otherwise).

You can ask not to be given assignments for a some time if you email 
me in advance.  Possible reasons are, you changed jobs, you are too 
busy, personal reasons, etc.

The directorate web page is at 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate 
You can edit the web page (it is a wiki) and add your name, expertise 
and the working groups you follow to it.  I use that information to 
suggest a reviewer.  For example, if a draft has XML in it I suggest 
assigning the review to a person who listed XML as his/her expertise.

You can get a login for the wiki by going to 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/loginmgr/newlogin  You can also send 
me the information and I'll post it to the web page.

The template at 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/template is used for 
directorate reviews.  Reviewers are not obliged to use the template; 
it's there as guidance.  Reviews are usually sent to 
[email-masked], 
[email-masked].  The review is 
also copied to [email-masked] if a Last Call has been issued.

There is a list of reviews at 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/tracker  Feel free to 
take a look at them to see the work of the existing reviewers.  The 
[email-masked] mailing list is used for discussions about the 
directorate, for requests for reviews, etc.  The mailing list archive 
is at http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/appsdir/current/maillist.html

If you have any questions feel free to email me.  I would like to 
thank you all for volunteering your free time and effort.

Best regards,
-sm

1. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/appsdir/current/msg00748.html