Subject: Re: [appsdir] DECADE WG to be closed

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 07:57:16 -0700

At 23:52 21-09-2012, Songhaibin wrote:
>I believe all those comments were addressed in the current draft, as 
>I joined the discussion with the authors to address the comments. 
>Their efforts should be respected. The authors and I would like Dave 
>and Carsten to check the draft with their comments, if they are 
>interested. While I admit answering in the mailing list is a main 
>method to resolve comments, but it is not the only method.

The Applications Directorate reviewers have volunteered their free 
time and effort to perform these reviews.  It is a disincentive to 
the reviewers if they have to track WG drafts to determine whether 
their comments have been addressed.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

---

From: Songhaibin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 00:38:58 +0000

Part of the resolution to comments (Carsten's and David Harrington's) were recorded in the document sent out by Akbar to the DECADE list several days ago. It might be easier to check with that one. It was for the discussion in June.

BR,
-Haibin

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> S Moonesamy
> Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:57 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [decade] DECADE WG to be closed
>

---

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 02:30:16 -0700

Hello,
At 17:38 27-09-2012, Songhaibin wrote:
>Part of the resolution to comments (Carsten's and David 
>Harrington's) were recorded in the document sent out by Akbar to the 
>DECADE list several days ago. It might be easier to check with that 
>one. It was for the discussion in June.

There were three reviews from the Applications Area Directorate for 
drafts from the DECADE WG:

  23 Jan 2012 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-discuss/current/msg04174.html
  22 Mar 2012 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-discuss/current/msg04704.html
  22 Mar 2012 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-discuss/current/msg04705.html

The reviews could be summarized as "the drafts are not ready for 
publication as a RFC".  The reviewers explained why they came to such 
a conclusion.  The reviews were posted to [email-masked], an 
open mailing list, so that anyone can comment.  There wasn't any 
timely follow-up on any of these reviews.

According to the message at 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/decade/current/msg00805.html the 
Decoupled Application Data Enroute (decade) working group in the 
Transport Area has concluded.  Given the closure of the DECADE WG I 
don't have a good reason to ask the reviewers to check the 
"resolution to comments".

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

---

From: Songhaibin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 02:36:06 +0000

Hi,

Here are the public emails sent by Akbar when the architecture document was updated. And they were only sent to the [email-masked], I would like it had been copied to [email-masked]. 

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/decade/current/msg00682.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/decade/current/msg00681.html

And yes, you do not have to ask the reviewers to check. I was only asking their personal will in polite.

BR,
-Haibin

> From: S Moonesamy [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, September 28, 2012 5:30 PM
> To: Songhaibin
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: [decade] DECADE WG to be closed
> 
> Hello,