Subject: Re: [appsdir] [apps-discuss] APPSDIR review of draft-farrell-decade-ni-07

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 14:31:22 -0700

At 04:11 05-06-2012, Stephen Farrell wrote:
>There was no such comment on the uri-review list and the designated
>expert was happy. That review was IMO the time for such comments
>and second-guessing the designated expert at this stage seems
>contrary to the registration requirements. So process-wise I
>think your main comment is late.

One of the listed APPSDIR tasks is to make sure that technologies 
developed in the Applications Area or about which Application Area 
participants have expertise (URIs/IRIs) are used appropriately in 
other areas.  The guidelines for registering new URI schemes are 
documented in BCP 115.

I don't doubt the expertise of the reviewer.  I am looking at the 
process angle here.  It can be a problem if the directorate gets into 
a controversy about the decision taken by a designated expert.  It's 
not a problem if an individual does that.

Best regards,
-sm