Subject: [appsdir] Request for review: draft-ietf-codec-opus-12

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 00:24:33 -0700

Hi Claudio,

[Bcc to appsdir@]

Could you please review draft-ietf-codec-opus-12 by May 14?  BTW, I 
understand that this is a difficult document to review.

The administrative details are at 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/AppsDirReview

Best regards,
-sm

---

From: Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 09:54:29 +0200 (CEST)

> understand that this is a difficult document to review.

let me have a look at it first! I need to see if I feel I know enough to 
do that. I'm not an audio engineer, and that's a very detailed technical 
specification.

(I do know at least a couple of audio engineers which could give a 
detailed review... but none of the ever interacted with the IETF processes 
and works).

I'll be back soon!

> http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/AppsDirReview

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Claudio Allocchio             G   A   R   R          [email-masked]
                         Senior Technical Officer
tel: +39 040 3758523      Italian Academic and       G=Claudio; S=Allocchio;
fax: +39 040 3758565        Research Network         P=garr; A=garr; C=it;

            PGP Key: http://www.cert.garr.it/PGP/keys.php3#ca

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 12:04:57 -0600

Hi guys,

Robert Sparks asked me to review this spec, so I will do that during
IETF Last Call. I'm not an audio engineer either, but Robert asked me to
review it as a "sanity check" to see if someone who is not an expert in
audio/codec technologies can understand the spec.

Peter

On 5/2/12 1:54 AM, Claudio Allocchio wrote:
> detailed review... but none of the ever interacted with the IETF
> processes and works).
> 
> I'll be back soon!
> 
>  >
> _______________________________________________
> appsdir mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/appsdir

---

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 11:20:49 -0700

Hi Peter,
>audio/codec technologies can understand the spec.

Ok.  I suggest doing it as AppsDir review.

Best regards,
-sm

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 12:30:30 -0600

> Ok.  I suggest doing it as AppsDir review.

Ack.

---

From: Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 22:13:39 +0200 (CEST)

> audio/codec technologies can understand the spec.

I'm the ame position as you: not an audio engineer... and I'll do the same 
with the same limitaions.