Subject: Re: [appsdir] Joint Review Experiment

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 19:48:55 -0800

Hello,

Enrico Marocco, Alexey Melnikov performed a joint review.  The other 
joint review from Dave Cridland and Julian Reschke should be in soon.

Could everyone who had the option of a joint review assignment send 
me your comments off-list?  I would like to know the difficulties you 
encountered, why you opted for doing or not doing the joint review, 
etc.  I'll summarize the information without attribution for this mailing list.

Best regards,
-sm

---

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 13:53:37 -0800

Hello,

First of all I would like to thank the persons who provided feedback 
on the Joint Review Experiment.  There were two reviews assigned as 
joint reviews.  One of them went smoothly and the other didn't.  Some 
reviewers did not choose the option.  I did not ask why.

One of the main points was that it increases the workload by 30%.  As 
one of the unlisted objectives of AppsDir is not to make matters 
easier for the reviewers, I prefer not to pursue the experiment.  As 
usual, you can override me by commenting on this.

It was pointed out that it is to early to tell whether doing joint 
reviews will improve the quality of the reviews.  Another point was 
that it will help spread knowledge.  As much as I believe that it is 
a good thing, I am not comfortable asking anyone to do so.

Best regards,
-sm