Subject: [appsdir] Joint Review Experiment

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 13:37:32 -0800

Hello,

In case some of you missed it, there is some documentation about the 
Directorate Review Process at 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/AppsDirReview  The 
guidelines are documented on the web page so that we can have a clear 
picture of how things work.

During some previous discussion on this list, the idea of a joint 
review experiment was mentioned.  I'll list the five steps:

(a) Assignment to first reviewer

(b) First reviewer acks assignment

(c) First reviewer contacts another reviewer from the team

(d) Second reviewer acks

(e) Joint review performed

The reason for the ACKs is so that I can track who is doing what.  I 
will use a deadline of over a week as I did for the last batch of 
reviews.  The expertise of each reviewer, the working groups the 
person tracks and who is available are listed at 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate

I understand that it is not easy to produce a joint review.  As it is 
an experiment, we can tune the details as we go along.  You can find 
out who has reviews at 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/report/1  I suggest that you 
don't pick anyone from that list unless it is necessary (e.g. there 
isn't anybody with the required expertise available).

Best regards,
-sm