Subject: [appsdir] Apps review of DECADE drafts

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 21:36:30 -0800

Dear DECADE WG Chairs,

[Cc to Apps ADs and Responsible AD for their information]

I assigned the review of draft-ietf-decade-reqs to one of the members 
of the Applications Directorate and he pointed out that the document 
is not ready for review given the AD review ( 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-decade-problem-statement/history/ 
).

The Application Directorate would like to review 
draft-ietf-decade-reqs and draft-ietf-decade-problem-statement 
simultaneously.  I would be grateful if you could contact me when 
these two drafts are ready for publiation.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

---

From: Songhaibin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 06:12:21 +0000

Dear S. Moonesamy,

I'm very glad to receive this email. We have sent the document shepherd write-ups for decade requirements to our responsible AD. I think it is great to have Apps Directorate review this draft after we get the feedback from David.

As for the problem statement, we are about to submit a new version after the final clear-up with the document shepherd. It will be ready in several days.

BR,
-Haibin

> -----Original Message-----
> From: S Moonesamy [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 1:37 PM
> To: Richard Woundy; Songhaibin
> Cc: [email-masked]; David Harrington
> Subject: Apps review of DECADE drafts
> 
> Dear DECADE WG Chairs,
>

---

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 23:27:41 -0800

Hi Haibin,
At 22:12 10-01-2012, Songhaibin wrote:
>I'm very glad to receive this email. We have sent the document 
>shepherd write-ups for decade requirements to our responsible AD. I 
>think it is great to have Apps Directorate review this draft after 
>we get the feedback from David.
>
>As for the problem statement, we are about to submit a new version 
>after the final clear-up with the document shepherd. It will be 
>ready in several days.

Thanks for the prompt response.  The Applications directorate review 
is to assess whether there are any application-related issues and 
whether a draft is ready for publication.  The reviews from the 
directorate are semi-formal.  It is up to the IESG to decide what to do.

I usually do not comment about reviews that will be assigned.  I took 
another look at draft-ietf-decade-reqs-05.  From the Write-up, I see 
a statement from Mr Akbar Rahman that the draft is ready for IESG 
review and publication.  From Section 2 of the draft:

    "This document uses terms defined in
    [I-D.ietf-decade-problem-statement]."

I-D.ietf-decade-problem-statement is an informative reference in the 
draft.  I don't think that draft-ietf-decade-reqs-05 is ready for 
publication as an adequate review would have caught that.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

---

From: Songhaibin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 09:05:06 +0000

> publication as an adequate review would have caught that.

Thanks. We will discuss whether to have the definition in this draft or to wait until the publication of problem statement draft.

-Haibin

> Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:28 PM
> To: Songhaibin; Richard Woundy
> Subject: RE: Apps review of DECADE drafts
> 
> Hi Haibin,

---

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 14:41:40 -0800

Dear DECADE WG Chairs,

As I mentioned in a previous email, the Applications Area Directorate 
has identified draft-ietf-decade-problem-statement-04 and 
draft-ietf-decade-reqs-05 for review.  Could you please tell me when 
the revision of draft-ietf-decade-problem-statement-04 will be submitted?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate

---

From: "Woundy, Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 22:48:30 +0000

The document draft-ietf-decade-problem-statement-04 is held up due to a much deeper review I undertook as document shepherd. I need to communicate a lot of changes and questions back to the authors as a result of this review. I don't think this document is ready for your review at this time.

-- Rich

----- Original Message -----
From: S Moonesamy [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 05:41 PM
To: Haibin Song <[email-masked]>; Woundy, Richard
Cc: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Apps review of DECADE drafts

Dear DECADE WG Chairs,

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 15:57:26 -0700

Rich, thanks for letting us know!

On 1/19/12 3:48 PM, Woundy, Richard wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> appsdir mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/appsdir

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 14:57:52 -0800

Hi Rich,
At 14:48 19-01-2012, Woundy, Richard wrote:
>The document draft-ietf-decade-problem-statement-04 is held up due 
>to a much deeper review I undertook as document shepherd. I need to 
>communicate a lot of changes and questions back to the authors as a 
>result of this review. I don't think this document is ready for your 
>review at this time.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Will draft-ietf-decade-reqs-05 and the revision of 
draft-ietf-decade-problem-statement be sent for IETF Last Call simultaneously?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy