Subject: [APPS-REVIEW] BTNS (fwd)
From: Chris Newman <[email-masked]>
To: Applications Area Review List <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], Julien Laganier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:51:56 -0500
List-Id: Applications Review List <apps-review.ietf.org>

I'd like an apps-review for these two documents.

		- Chris

------------ Forwarded Message ------------
Date: February 21, 2008 13:45:32 +0100
From: Julien Laganier <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: BTNS

Hello Chris,

>From your comments in the datatracker for draft-ietf-btns-core, you seem
to be supportive of the BTNS effort:

   Comment:  I find this document short and clear, which is refreshing.
   Furthermore, I consider this an important first step to making IPsec
   actually useful for application protocols (another necessary step
   would be to document Posix-style APIs that a cross-platform
   application can use to query the OS about 1. whether IPsec/BTNS is in
   use, 2. a description of any security layer provided for application
   logging at a minimum, 3. channel bindings).

Regarding items 1-3 above, there's currently an effort in the BTNS WG to
document such APIs:

draft-ietf-btns-c-api
draft-ietf-btns-abstract-api

For the WG to deliver these APIs, we are in critical need of reviews.
The BTNS WG has limited experience regarding applications, and thus we
would really benefit from reviews coming from the APP area.

As an APP area AD, would you be willing to help us getting such reviews?

Thanks.

--julien, BTNS co-chair

---------- End Forwarded Message ----------

_______________________________________________
APPS-REVIEW mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-review