Subject: Re: [APPS-REVIEW] Review of draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-15.txt
From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
To: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Cc: Applications Review List <[email-masked]>, Robert McQueen <[email-masked]>, Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 10:48:47 -0600
List-Id: Applications Review List <apps-review.ietf.org>

Alexey Melnikov wrote:
> Dave Cridland wrote:
> 
>> On Sat Apr 28 13:06:13 2007, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
>>
>>> Overall I think the document is well written, has reasonable examples 
>>> and detailed explanation for different design choices (I like that). 
>>> It has proper IANA registrations and detailed Security Considerations.
>>> Also, I don't think the document has any IDN related considerations.
>>>
>>> Some comments are below, most of them are either nits or missing 
>>> forward references.
>>
>> I did note on a quick skim that this document has several normative 
>> references related to SIP (including SIP itself).
> 
> I think draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-15.txt has a normative section describing 
> SIP-specific behaviour.

Ideally I think this document would define the ICE methodology in a 
generic fashion and other documents would describe how to apply that 
methodology in the context of using protocols such as SIP and XMPP. But 
I know it's more work to specify things that way, so personally I find 
it acceptable to define the SIP usage in this document and the XMPP 
usage in XEP-0176 [1].

Peter

[1] http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0176.html

_______________________________________________
APPS-REVIEW mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-review