Subject: FW: [APPS-REVIEW] Review of draft-daigle-unaptr-01
From: "Burger, Eric" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 00:29:51 -0500
List-Id: Applications Review List <apps-review.ietf.org>

John said it was OK to post.
Thanks to John for doing this one.

--
Sent from my wireless device. Sorry if terse. Can't wait for lemonade!  What is lemonade? See <http://flyingfox.cantata.com/i-d/lemonade>

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	John C Klensin [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent:	Tuesday, January 09, 2007 04:42 PM Eastern Standard Time
To:	Burger, Eric
Subject:	Re: [APPS-REVIEW] Review of draft-daigle-unaptr-01

I've read fairly carefully through this document.

The proposal is, as noted, a rather minor extension of RFC 3958. 
It is worth doing, standardizing, and getting right before we 
end up with local variations, since the requirement is fairly 
obvious.

I have a fundamental architectural concern about this general 
type of work and the relationship of DDDS to the network and 
DNS, but, since the IETF has already signed off on RFC3401-3404, 
this document would be an inappropriate place to raise the 
concern (I have discussed that issue separately with Leslie).

My most significant difficulty with this draft is that the third 
sentence  of the third paragraph of Section 1 "Introduction", 
(starting "However,...") is hard to follow.  But, at worst, the 
RFC Editor's attention should be called to that one to make sure 
it is fixed.  The problem does not have a negative impact on 
ability to understand the protocol.   Similarly, the Security 
Considerations section would be easier to follow if some 
references were inserted directly there, even though those 
references could be deduced from other parts of the document.

Of course, if there were any real problems, I probably would not 
comment on either of the above, but I feel some need to 
demonstrate that I read the thing :-)

Solid piece of work.

    john

_______________________________________________
APPS-REVIEW mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-review