Subject: [Anima-bootstrap] keyinfra-06-pre

From: peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 10:00:32 +0200

Hi all,

After reading through the latest keyinfra version, I like to make some 
remarks about section 3.8 to keep the est-coaps text straightforward.

In the 2nd paragraph, the text "(enrollment picks up .... Key 
generation")" is difficult to place.
Does it refer to figure 2 of the appendix?
section 3.8.4 suggests that /enrollstatus is an extension of EST. I hope 
not. Could the /enrollstatus part of 3.8.4 be moved to a separate 
subsection e.g. 3.9? Once that part is moved, section 3.8 is focused on 
invoking EST functions and how to handle the payloads.
section 3.8.5 could just cite est-coaps document as informational 
reference.

The next version of est-coaps will refer to sections of the keyinfra 
document, and feedback about the alignment of the keyinfra and est-coaps 
documents would be appreciated.

Greetings,
Peter

-- 
Peter van der Stok
vanderstok consultancy
mailto: [email-masked]
www: www.vanderstok.org
tel NL: +31(0)492474673     F: +33(0)966015248

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 09:00:43 -0400

> remarks about section 3.8 to keep the est-coaps text straightforward.

We are reworking the entire document for editorial issues.
I don't think Max has let it out yet... it is the "concise" branch in git,
if you want to look there.

    > documents would be appreciated.

Please wait until -06 to do this.
I think that we are ready to let it out there, Max?

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-