Subject: Re: [Anima-bootstrap] [saag] BOFs about IoT firmware update and TEE configuration

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 11:26:23 -0500

Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]> wrote:
    > ** “Firmware Update Description (FUD)”

    > Last year we had a workshop organized by the IAB on firmware updates for
    > IoT devices (see https://www.iab.org/activities/workshops/iotsu/) where
    > we talked about various challenges and gaps.

    > As a follow-up to the workshop we would like to initiate some
    > standardization activity in this area.

    > The mailing list can be found at
    > https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/fud

It's a terrible TLA. Too good not to keep.

    > ** “A Protocol for Dynamic Trusted Execution Environment Enablement (TEEP)”

    > This BOF is about an application layer security protocol that allows to
    > configure security credentials and software running on a Trusted
    > Execution Environment (TEE). Today, TEEs are, for example, found home
    > routers, set-top boxes, smart phones, tablets, wearables, etc.
    > Unfortunately, there have been mostly proprietary protocols used in this
    > environment.

    > With this BOF we are making an attempt to standardize such a protocol. A
    > strawman proposal of such a protocol has been published with
    > https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pei-opentrustprotocol-03.

    > The mailing list can be found at:
    > https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/teep

okay.
We (ANIMA bootstrap DT) need BOF time to talk about what we are doing, and how
we leverage TPMs.  This is additional existing work.

--
]               Never tell me the odds!                 | ipv6 mesh networks [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works        | network architect  [
]     [email-masked]  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [