Subject: AgentX++beta Released

From: Frank Fock <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 16:02:17 +0200

AgentX++beta is now available for download from
http://www.fock.de/agent++

AgentX++ is freely available (source code) for internal and 
inter operability testing uses only. It is a C++ API which
requires AGENT++v3.4/SNMP++.

The implementation of the AgentX protocol is nearly complete,
however there are the following issues left to do:

TODO LIST
---------

* PING PDU
  Implemented, but not used.

* INDEX_ALLOCATE/INDEX_DEALLOCATE PDUs
  Not implemented yet.

* Timeouts
  The master and the sub agent do not currently handle
  tardy responses.

* Send CLOSE-PDU to all sub agents when master agent is stopped.

* Documentation.

Regards,
Frank Fock