Subject: UCD AgentX implementation

From: Dave Shield <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 09:38:32 +0000

This is to announce that the UCD team have just released the latest
distribution of our SNMP suite.  The agent includes a mostly-complete
implementation of AgentX.  (That's complete enough for Wes to use it
in a production system - personally I think he's nuts!)

   There are a number of known areas that have not been implemented fully
(or at all), but there is sufficient functionality that it would be useful
to gather some experience regarding interoperation with other AgentX
implementations (hence this message).  I'll append the README.AgentX file
that lays out most of the known limitations.

  Note that almost all the development has taken place in a pure-UCD
environment, and essentially on a single architecture.  It is probable
that various assumptions have been made that will not hold in the wider
world.  But that's why I'm asking for interoperability tests!

  If anyone is interested and able to try this out, the latest release
is available at

	ftp://ucd-snmp.ucdavis.edu/ucd-snmp.tar.gz

Bug reports, and other comments regarding this implementation can be sent
to the UCD coders mailing list [email-masked]
or (if sufficiently embarrassing to the quality of the code) direct to me.

Dave Shield
on behalf of the UCD AgentX implementation team.